- To me September has always been the real new year. I’ve never moved on from the traditional school time-table; guess that’s one reason I’ve decided to go back there! But seriously, getting some nice autumnal weather after and a new sweater or two after the summer heat really makes me want to take on new endeavors. What endeavors might those be, you ask? Well…
- My final class in order to become teacher-certified!! I’m so ready to be done with school (well, for now – I’m certain I’ll be back), and I cannot wait to be really and truly ready to win my dream job.
- Speaking of my upcoming career search, I’ve decided to create a website to promote myself (more my style and more accessible than a traditional portfolio). I bought my domain name months ago, but I’ve yet to begin work on the site. I really want to have it ready to go by January…
- Healthy diet and regular working out – the perennial goal. Yeah, it’s totally time to really embrace that.
- I did love Princess Ben, which I’d read good things about (particularly enjoyed the hedgehog connection), but I hate the cover, particularly it’s resemblance to Ever which I still need to read. I so rarely enjoy books with models on the cover, I just don’t like it.
- I’m rather annoyed with Danny DeVito for stealing my project. I took a playwrighting class in college and I did a stage adaptation of one of my favorite books, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. I’ve always thought I’d pull that script (a very rough first draft) and really do something with it. So eight years later, DeVito swoops in and steals my thunder. Rude! Maybe next time I should move a little faster? Maybe?
- If I don’t read Breaking Dawn soon, I’m going to stumble over a spoiler which I’ve been madly dodging left and right – they are everywhere. I really want to read it fresh, but I don’t want to buy it, and I don’t want to go through the crazy library wait. My problems are endless.
- If you’re wondering where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing for the last 9 months (oh man, time flies), I don’t have any good answers for you. I’ve been in Rochester, working away bit by bit at my schoolwork and being a bit depressed about how long things take and how nothing is easy. Oh yeah, and I finally joined the 21st century and got layers cut into my hair. All caught up?